Infectious Diseases App Challenge
18-20 MAY, 2018 // VENTURES PLATFORM, ABUJA – NIGERIA
The 2018 Health App Challenge will create a platform for Health workers in the infectious disease area to work with developers from the tech ecosystem to develop solutions that would improve prevention of infectious diseases. Health workers such as Disease Surveillance and Notification Officers (DSNOs), State Epidemiologists, Immunization Officers, Clinicians, Community Health Extension Workers (CHEWs), Laboratory Scientists, Pharmacists and Doctors working in various levels of healthcare delivery in Nigeria will participate.
Rules of the Challenge
The rules of the App Challenge are as follows:
- All participants must register in advance of the event. Registration closes 2 weeks prior to event and registration on day of hackathon will not be allowed.
- All teams will be formed at the hackathon venue
- All ideas to be hacked MUST be fresh ideas and not in any way affiliated to any existing start-up
- All project teams must be comprised of not more than 7 members.
- No advance contact may be made with judges regarding projects, and knowledge of such communication may lead to a team’s removal from the competition.
- Solutions should be working demos and must be presented at the conclusion of the event.
- All solutions must have financially sustainable components.
Who May Apply
The following can apply to attend the hackathon:
- Disease Surveillance and Notification Officers (DSNOs)
- State Epidemiologists
- Health Care Workers
- Health Care Users
- Software Developers/Designers
- Business People
HealthMeetsTech2018 starts in:
Up for the Challenge?