Youth Consultation on Digital Health & Technology
March 12, 2020, Lagos, Nigeria
About Youth Consultation on Digital Health & Technology
The Lancet FT commission, PharmAccess Nigeria, Nigeria Health Watch and EpiAFRIC will host a one- day digital Health Tech Consultative Forum on March 12, 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria. The one-day consultative forum is specifically focused on active youth participation and technology needed to attain universal health coverage. The meeting aims to bring young health and tech figures, political and health leaders, and policymakers to advocate for health for all. The event hashtag is #NaijaYouths4UHC.
• To share positive developments, motivate and inspire young Nigerians to take concrete actions towards achieving Innovative health systems;
• To understand the perception of young people on innovation in health care systems, the possibilities and current pitfalls
• To promote idea incubation and design thinking in the while developing innovative health care systems in Nigeria
• To discuss the current opportunities in the use of AI and digital health for achieving UHC in Nigeria;
• To identify barriers to healthcare access particularly for young people and how digital technology can help enable access to quality and affordable Healthcare;
• Raise awareness about key issues, opportunities, and risks associated with the digital health futures of the youngest countries in the region, from improving digital literacy to protecting the privacy and ownership of data.
Panellists & Moderators
Three panels of key young health and tech figures with relevant expertise will take part in moderated panel discussions to share insights in three areas:
FOCUS 1: the digital generation under 25
FOCUS 2: the future we want
FOCUS 3: co-creating the future of health and wellbeing